It is important to maintain proper position when sitting at the computer.The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offer these suggestions:
- Option for a chair that is easy to adjust, feels stable, includes a backrest, and with wheels that touch the floor at a minimum of five points.
- Make sure your knees are at the level of your hips while your feet are planted on the floor.
- Use bendable armrests to support your arms and place your elbows close to your waist.
- Make sure the seat is padded and offers at least an inch of room beyond your thighs and hips.
- The seat should slightly point near the floor. There also should be some room between the back of your knees and the seat.