Cashew Nut (Kaaju)
Don’t you simply love them in your kheers and in yourchikkis? Well you might as well pop one or two raw. They help keep you energetic and maintain your body weight!
- Protein - Cashew nuts provide protein and fiber to body.
- Heart – Cashews have no cholesterol. Cashews contain healthy monounsaturated fat that promotes good cardiovascular health.
- Cancer - Cashews are rich in antioxidants that help in the elimination of free radicals which are one of the causes of cancer.
- Bones and teeth – Cashews are a good source of magnesium; this works with calcium to support healthy muscles and bones in the body. The combination also helps maintain healthy gums and teeth.
- Energy food - Cashews have high copper content and is vital in energy production, greater flexibility in blood vessels, bones and joints. It is an energizing food.
- Weight management – The high energy density and high amount of dietary fiber in Cashews both are attributes to a beneficial effect on weight management.
- Manopause - Cashews contain magnesium, which helps the body cope with stress, helping promote normal sleep patterns in menopausal women