Pista flavor is definitely yummy. Be it pista ice-cream orhalwa, or chopped up raw on our pedhas, we love pistas! But we must, especially diabetics must, make a point of eating them raw everyday as it helps stabilize blood sugar and protects the heart.
- Eye Health - Pistachios contain a wide variety of nutrients called carotenoids that are beneficial to eye health.
- Stable Blood Sugar - The University of Toronto performed a study that showed that pistachios may stabilize blood sugar levels and can be a good snack item for diabetics.
- Digestion - Pistachios contain fiber, which helps people feel fuller for longer periods of time. Fiber helps keep the digestive system operating normally and prevents constipation.
- Heart - The nut contains good fats that can help lower cholesterol and reduce risk of heart disease. Pistachios also provide with a healthy dose of vitamin B6 that helps prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Protein - Pistachio nuts are an excellent source of vegetable protein. Pistachios eaten with grains, vegetables, and fruits, can help you add complete protein to your diet
- Fiber - Pistachios contain higher amounts of fiber that helps keep the digestive system operating normally and prevents constipation.