They may look weird and are difficult to break but crack them in a door hinge and eat the brain like nut inside to help just that – your Brain!
- Omega 3 - Walnuts are the only nuts that have omega-3 fatty acids in high amounts. These nutrients provide anti-inflammatory benefits in asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, eczema and psoriasis.
- Brain food - Nearly 60% of our brain structure is fats which are primarily omega-3 fatty acids. Walnuts are also called the because they provide plenty of omega-3..
- Sleep – Melatonin present in walnuts is a powerful antioxidant that induces a good night's sleep.
- Heart - Omega-3 fatty acids prevents erratic heart rhythms and regulates plaque formation in blood vessels, and the essential amino acid l-arginine in walnuts improves the elasticity of blood vessels improving cardiovascular health.
- Protein - Walnuts are an excellent source of a proteins, fiber, B vitamins and minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese.
- Laxative - These nuts are helpful in easing constipation due to their laxative effects.
- Cancer - Its anticancer properties also help in fighting the dreaded disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease – Research indicates that walnuts may reduce the risk of disease by arresting the formation of the amyloid plaques that are found in the brains of patients who suffer from this disease.
- Black walnuts - Black walnuts prevent heartburn, high blood pressure and various skin disorders. It gets rid of intestinal parasites and tapeworms and helps in ensuring proper functioning of the thyroid gland.