Benefits of Spinach
8 Benefits of Spinach:
1. Loaded with Vitamins: like A, K, D, and E and a host of trace minerals.
2. Good Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids: the kind most of us need in North America.
3. Anti-Cancer and Anti-Inflammatory Antioxidants: Researchers have identified more than a dozen different flavonoid compounds in spinach that function as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents. In a recent study on the relationship between risk of prostate cancer and vegetable intake (including such healthy vegetables as broccoli, cabbage, and brussel sprouts) only spinach showed evidence of significant protection against the occurrence of aggressive prostate cancer.
4. Alkalizes the Body: All those minerals helps to balance off the high acid which most of us subject our bodies to and which drains our energy, increases obesity and a creates host of other health problems.
5. Nourishes the eyes: The carotenoids found in spinach protect against eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
6. Strengthens the Bones: One cup of fresh spinach (or 1/6 cup of cooked spinach) contains TWICE your daily vitamin K needs. This along with the calcium and magnesium in spinach is essential to maintain .
7. Perfect and Salads: Organic pre-washed spinach is now readily available in most grocery stores. If you haven’t yet tried a green smoothie yet and think they might taste yucky then try one with the main ingredient as spinach. Spinach is so sweet, we guarantee you will be impressed. To see Diana make her own special brand of green smoothie click here:
8. Spinach is FRESH! Studies have shown that even the artificial light in the grocery store shining on those plastic tubs of spinach can actually help keep the leaves from spoiling. This indicates the spinach is still metabolically active and fresh.